Sports massage is offered at Glasgow City Physiotherapy to assist with training, help with pain and aid relaxation. Our specialised and highly trained team will take you through a quick evaluation before getting started with your massage.
Massage is a form of ‘manual therapy’ where therapists use their hands to provide pressure. This pressure is adjusted to suit yourself and your needs.
Whether you are looking to help recovery during training or get your legs moving after a big race we are here to help.
What to expect at Glasgow City Physiotherapy…
In our private treatment rooms we provide half an hour sessions and one hour massage appointments which are tailored to your needs:
- Pre appointment forms are sent out via email upon booking – this allows your therapist to understand what you want from the appointment and to rule out any reasons why you should not get a massage.
- If early for your appointment, we will get you to grab a seat in our reception area until your therapist is ready to greet you and welcome you into the private therapy room.
- Your therapist will take a brief evaluation of your medical history, what you want from the appointment, lifestyle etc.
- Your therapist will leave the room to allow you to get changed into shorts or comfortable clothing. (if massaging back or hips, therapists may ask to remove certain parts of clothing but will always respect your modesty when doing so by covering you up as much as possible and asking permission where necessary).
- Massage will take place and therapists will adjust pressures to suit with feedback from yourself.
- Post appointment the therapist may give you some advice based on your current situation.
- You will then hopefully, leave the clinic feeling happy and relaxed.
Frequently asked questions?
Q: Do I have to be a sports person to get sports massage?
A: No, you do not. Anyone can benefit from a sports massage.
Q: Can I choose my therapist?
A: yes, through our online booking system you can choose whoever you want. There is information about each therapist on our website.
Q: Can I get a sports massage when pregnant?
A: Seek further advice from Pre natal trained massage therapist.